5 Tips for Using Social Media to Grow Your Business
by Summer Alexander on July 11,2013
Connecting with potential customers on social media has become an excellent (and low cost) way to grow a small business. However, it can also be a distraction and deter your from pursuing other more profitable marketing activities.
So the question then becomes how do small business owners maximize their time on social media?
Here are 5 tips for growing your business effectively with social media:
- Consistency is key – you don’t have to show up every day to have an effective social media campaign but you do have to engage your followers with some regularity. Create a schedule – perhaps every other day and stick to it.
- Be relevant – think about who your target market is and post content that is useful and timely for them. Resist the urge to share content that is important to you but has no relevancy to your audience.
- Ask questions – not only is this a great way to gain insight in to the minds of your audience but it is the best way to get people to actually respond to your posts.
- Make an offer – while you don’t want to bombard people with sales messages, you are still a company in business for profit. So in between your inspirational messages and valuable content be sure to invite your social media fans to learn more about your products and services.
- Remember the ultimate goal – social media platforms should never be the end destination (because you don’t control or own them) you always want to drive traffic back to your website.
Social media consists of several ever evolving platforms where the rules seem to change on a daily basis. The one constant is that these platforms can allow you to grow your business “beyond the borders” which can in turn help you to reach your goals in business.
How have you used social media to grow your business? Which platform works better for your business? Share below!